Wednesday, August 7, 2013

DRUGS, SEX, AND ALCOHOL... THE "GOOD" LIE

This is a true and very personal testimony. Please read and shear. This could be the key to unlock someone's Salvation. God bless you as you read.

I couldn't get enough. 


A couple of years ago I was caught in the chains of substance abuse. I was really messed up and I knew it. I couldn't help myself because I knew my chains were beyond me. I was dealing with depression, low self esteem, alcohol, sex and substance abuse. I hurt a lot of people, friends, family, and most especially a beautiful lady that was carrying a baby for me.



I felt sick to my stomach knowing that I was not ready for that level of relationship, or the responsibility of fathering a baby. Daily I would feel my strength leave because I had began to indulge more and the abuse was taking its toll on my mind and physical appearance. I wished I could kill myself but my addictions where too strong to let me. In other words it was my sweet pain. I could feel the weight of the world on my neck all the time. Sleepless nights, tears, bitterness, and depression where all very close and wicked friends. They followed me everywhere I went, discrediting to would be helpers. In all honesty I never imagined things could got so bad, but I do know that in my carelessness and carefree attitude to life I allowed things get out of hand.

It hurt to know that I would be a useless father and a good for nothing womanizer all my life. I knew my little girl would hate me for abandoning her and worse of all she might end up the same way I was going. Why? The truth is when parents are not there for their kids or the family is broken, that creates a space in a child's life. That space remains empty and the child spends the rest of his or her life trying to fill it up with "sweet nothings".... false love, alcohol, drugs, sex (all workings of the flesh) and the bible says all these things will lead us to hell ! (Gal5:19-21) No excuse. I looked for a solution everywhere I could think of, but nothing could break me out of the prison of my desires, lust, drugs, alcohol, and even hate for myself.

I had battered my life so much that if it where possible I would have exchanged it for another... Little did I know how possible that was. 

At the time, I enjoyed no comfort, no solution, no peace, until one day I made up my mind to go and see
This is the actual church I fell on my knees
 Jesus. I heard something that birthed a hunger in my spirit. I went to a local church and fell on my knees for three days accepting my weakness and pleading with God to break my circle of addiction I had found myself in. I cried out to the Lord of Lords and King of kings and a miracle took place. For the first time in my life I understood what the sacrifice of Jesus Christ meant. I understood the pains He went through and how it related to me as an individual. I understood that Jesus cared about me and was willing to take my hand, clear my past and walk with me to a glorious and expected end. That day, I gave my life to Jesus Christ and He took all my cravings away without a day in rehab.

Few months later baby Mama and I made a comeback. She forgave me for breaking her heart and walking out on her and our baby and for the first time I could carry my baby without alcohol, weed, or tobacco on my breath. It felt so good I broke down in tears... those tears of joy I still cry today for the Lord has given my life a meaning.

Myself, my wife and our baby: Kiki
Today am a passionate Dad and a learning Husband. I serve in my local Church assembly offering my talent to the Lord in service and endless appreciation for His sacrifice for me on Calvary's cross. All glory to God.

There is someone reading this that is seriously enslaved by his or her own desires. It may be not be drugs. It may be other addictions. It may be alcohol, or sex, or a cage of bitterness and unforgiveness. You might be a Christian, saved and separated, but still plagued by your past and hunted by a secrets lifestyle.



JESUS CAN SET YOU FREE. 

All it takes is acknowledging that you can't make it on your own and that load you carry is too heavy for you to bear. Jesus speaking to you today says:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29).  

Break the limit! Tag Him in! He is the victor that never fails.

10 comments:

  1. God is Faithful... His Name be glorified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Jesus there is total liberation. Thank God for His faithfulness in your life. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful story of salvation. True liberation can only be found in Christ. Thank God you got your life and family back. That's just the way our Father is. He does not give up on us even when we are wallowing in the quagmire of sin and shame. It is wonderful and reassuring to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. Even in the deepest pain, He is there with us. Thank you so much for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only God can forgive, forget & give us a clean slate to start on as soon as we submit to Him. I'm truly thankful to God that you got your life & family back, God is indeed faithful. Uduak

    ReplyDelete