Thursday, August 1, 2013

MENDING THE BROKEN

I often look at the different situations in the world today with a very important question in my mind. That question is " what would Christ do?" In this challenge that I am facing, what would Christ do? Would He show love, compassion, hate, vengeance, would He just draw patterns in the sand or would He quietly walk away? Anyway, this is not the question of today. I have a different fish to fry with you today.



What do you think pleases God? What do you think touches a father about his child? Any answers? Well let me shear an experience.
My little girl and I (about two years old at the time) were home alone. She got restless and started crying. In a bid to stop her tears I decided to do something funny to put a smile on her face. Guess what I did? Have you ever seen me dance? Haaha.. Funniest thing ever (I dance like a white dude on steroids... lol). The crying stoped alright, but something else happened. She began to dance too. She was doing the exact same moves that I was doing. You have no idea what joy that brought me.

A small christian group on visitation to a hospital.


What touches the heart of a father? Common traits. Knowing my son or daughter is just like me joys my heart. We look alike, talk alike, hers is a product of my reasoning and my wisdom. We react the same ways because he or she came from me and has absorbed my behavior and adhered to my teachings.

Folks... the same pleases God. That we are like Him brings Him the greatest joy. In kindness, in thoughtfulness, in humility, in sacrifice... No wonder in the book of Matthew we make an amazing discovery. Lets see...
               
                 "I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, 
                 I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave 
                 me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you 
                 came to me." (Matthew 25:35-36). 

The accounts of the gosple comfirm most of all that Jesus was kind, loving, compasionate, and sacrificing. Here in this verse, He Himself talks about people of the same character and that's not all? There is a reward. Lets look at the verse before that, shall we?

                "Then the King will say to those on his right, "Enter (heaven), you who are 
                 blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been
                 ready for you since the world's foundation." (Matthew 25:34).

Did you see "before the world's foundation"? Wow!

Food for thought:
What pleases the Father about you? Or should I say, in what way do you resemble your heavenly Father? The way of Christ is the way of love, compassion, and care. Show some love to the broken. We are all they have. Shalom.



No comments:

Post a Comment